Tableau 9.2 (Desktop, Server / Online, Public, Reader, Vizable & Mobile)
|Data Management||Introduction& Basics
1. What is Tableau? What are the Tableau versions?
2. What are the Tableau products and what is use of each product?
3. Installing the Tableau desktop 9.2and explore the new features of Tableau 9.2
4. Exploredifferent data sources in Tableau
6. Switching Live connection to Extract and Extract to Live
7. Know about Tableau shelves (1.Start page button 2.Data Dimensions& Measures3.Analytics4.Rows/Columns 5.Show Me Control 6.Filters 7.MarksColor, Size, Text/Label, Tooltip, Detail and Shape shelves 8.Pages)
|Visualization||11. Creating Hierarchies, add members to hierarchies and removing hierarchies
12. What is grouping? How to create a group in the report. How to consume it?
13. Creating Sets with different options and how to use sets in the report.
14. What is bin/ histogram and create a report with bin/ histogram
15. Create Cross Tab report and apply the swapping option. How to display the row/column grand totalsand how to change the positions How to show the numerical result into percentage format in cross tab report
19. How to create trend line, forecast,bar, pie, tree map,Bubble & word cloud& Scatter-plot with custom images including drop lines options.
25. What is dashboard and how to create dashboard in Tableau.
|Calculations|| 30. String level functions: Left, right, lower, upper, ltrim, rtrim, trim, len, replace
31. Date functions: Date, date time, isdate
32. Numeric functions: int, float
33. Programing functions: iif, case
34. Aggregate functions: sum, min, max, avg, count, countd
35. User functions: fullname, isfullname, username, isusername, ismemberof
|Tableau Server/Tableau Online||36. Installing the Tableau server and configuring Tableau server
37. Log-on to Tableau Server 9.2 and Understand the user interface
38. What is data refresh and how to make the data refresh in schedule manner
39. What is bookmark and how to apply? How to verify the bookmark in the next visit.
40. What is web-authoring and how to edit the reports/dashboard in on-line
41. How to assign the permissions at different levels by users/groups
42. What is subscription and how to create new subscription and edit the subscriptions
43. How to share the report and how to embed the report in other applications code.
44. What is Tag and how to create tags? How to search the reports based on tags
Tableau PublicTableau ReaderTableau Mobile Tableau Vizable
Tableau 10 (Upcoming) Features
|45. How to save the worksheets and Dashboards to Tableau public server from Public
46. What is Tableau Reader and what are the benefits and limitations.
47. Verifying the Tableau dashboards through Android Tablet / I Pad
48. What is Vizable& use of Vizable?Diff. between normal mobile app Vs. Vizable
49. Tableau 10 (Next expected versionfeatures)
1. Union files (merge data) 2.Charts in Tooltip3. Locate Meoption in Map4. Version control on server (versioning)5.Tableau server Manager site
6. Dashboards creating in Web Authoring7.Mobile Editing
|Help||50. Help Links
i. Tableau books in PDFhttp://www.tableau.com/support/help
ii. Tableau software (latest & Old)https://www.tableau.com/esdalt
iii. 1-year student License for Desktop http://www.tableau.com/academic/students
iv. Tableau drivershttp://www.tableau.com/support/drivers
v. Tableau Mobile apps
vi. Ipad https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tableau-mobile/id434633927?mt=8
vii. Tableau 9.1 Vs Tableau 9.2 features
viii. Tableau 10 Expected Features http://tableauanalytics.blogspot.in/